- PhD in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with a broad and proven track record of innovative accomplishments in medicinal chemistry and key contributions to clinical candidate selection
- Demonstrated operational skills for managing discovery programs at the level of a senior chemist/team leader are required
- A proven track record of delivering clinical candidates
- Expert knowledge of modern methods of synthetic and medicinal chemistry with ability to successfully and simultaneously conduct medicinal chemistry on multiple projects
- Solid understanding of cellular/molecular biology, biochemistry, disease pharmacology, mechanisms of drug metabolism and molecular toxicology, pharmaco-kinetic and pharmaco-dynamic sciences, and formulations for the in vivo evaluation of drug candidates is required
- Knowledge of and experience with computational chemistry methods and technologies and biophysical techniques such as X-ray crystallography
- Ability to integrate multiple R&D disciplines into a successful strategic project plan is required
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives are required
- Demonstrated influence, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to succeed within a matrix environment, are required
- Experience in managing project budgets, aligning actions with overall strategy, and supporting business cases for decision-making is preferred
- Strong track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed first-author publications, patent applications, and presentations at major national meetings is required
Physical Demands / Travel
The physical demands of this position are consistent with working in a laboratory/ bench environment. Some light lifting and maneuvering may be required.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position’s work environment is based in a laboratory/ bench environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each roles and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vibliome provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.