Required Qualifications and Background
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with a focus on synthetic organic chemistry.
- 15+ years of experience in small molecule drug discovery experience in an industrial biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting.
- Comprehensive medicinal chemistry knowledge from hits to clinical candidate selection
- Proven track record of success in advancing programs from leads to advanced candidates.
- Extensive experience with lead compound optimization in the areas of potency, selectivity, solubility, ADME and PK.
- Experience with all current medicinal chemistry instrumentation: HPLC, LC-MS, NMR crystallography, and purification systems
- Expert in using common medicinal chemistry software: electronic notebook, structure drawing, data spreadsheet analysis; data visualization; structure viewing; literature, chemical and database searching. Experience with Schrodinger LiveDesign and other Schrodinger modules is preferred.
- Committed to staying current with the latest scientific breakthroughs in the medicinal chemistry field through continued reading of the literature and attendance of scientific conferences.
- A team player with experience communicating with a multidisciplinary team, and experience managing a team of chemists. Accountable for the medicinal chemistry activities and progress of the company. Highly organized with excellent analytical, strategy, documentation, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated success in the design, medicinal chemical optimization, and formulation/delivery of small molecule therapeutics
- Demonstrable experience with successful IND submissions or equivalent is preferred
- Experience in venture-backed companies is strongly preferred
- Outstanding scientific leadership, collaboration, and management skills with an integrated view of business and scientific issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) productively in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of energy, attention to detail, and a passion for delivering important new therapies to patients with devastating diseases
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vibliome provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.