- M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemistry with a focus on synthetic organic chemistry.
- 5-15+ years of experience in small molecule drug discovery experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting.
- Proven track record of success in advancing programs from leads to advanced candidates.
- Extensive experience lead compound optimization in the areas or potency, selectivity, ADME and PK.
- Highly versed the all current medicinal chemistry instrumentation: HPLC, LC-MS, NMR and purification systems
- Expert in using common medicinal chemistry software: electronic notebook, structure drawing, data spreadsheet analysis; data visualization; structure viewing; literature, chemical and database searching.
- Committed to staying current with the latest scientific breakthroughs in the medicinal chemistry field through continued reading of the literature and attendance of scientific conferences.
- An excellent team player with ability to communicate synergistically with a multidisciplinary team and be accountable for the medicinal chemistry progress of 2-3 projects. Highly organized with excellent analytical, documentation, time management and multi-tasking skills.
Physical Demands / Travel
The physical demands of this position are consistent with working in a laboratory/ bench environment. Some light lifting and maneuvering may be required.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position’s work environment is based in a laboratory/ bench environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each roles and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vibliome Therapuetics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.